The Free Software Pledge is a FACIL initiative aiming to allow voters, as well as any other person interested by Free Software, to find out which candidates and which political parties in their region are aware of the issues related to Free Software and who have pledged to promote and defend the liberties associated with them. The Free Software Pledge is also a tool to assist Free Software supporters in Quebec who wish to discuss the issue with their local candidates.
Are you a candidate?Are you a candidate in the 2008 Québec elections who would like to sign the pledge in order to demonstrate your position on Free Software?
- for candidates: PDF version of the Pledge to sign and send back to FACIL
- for candidates: ODT version of the Pledge to sign and send back to FACIL
- Candidates may also put a "I have signed the Free Software Pledge" logo on their website and link to the Free Software Pledge, whose address is http://facil.qc.ca/en/FreeSoftwarePledge.
Your will get the following result:
Who has signedView the list of candidates who have signed the Free Software Pledge.
More information on Free Software
- Document: Free Software, a national cause, an opportunity for Quebec (in French).
- External links:
How to become a member of FACILDo you want to support the promotion of Free Software in Quebec? Become a member!
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 514-664-1260, 418-907-9563